Wednesday 3 April 2013

Scrapfriends sketch

By blog hopping I recently discovered Scrapfriends.They have a sketch challenge each month.
Here is April's
And because it is a shorter month, I've used some of my Counterfeit Kit including an ugly diagonal paper which seemed to suit this layout.
I managed to make it work by keeping to a nautical theme. The ships wheel was cut from another patterned paper, the ship ,passport and Around the world embellishment are from Bella. The street map card is October Afternoon. I misted through a cog mask to represent the machinery that makes the ship go.
The story behind it is we were in Sydney one weekend as the Queen Victoria sailed in.I quickly took this on my phone.

10 comments:

Angela Toucan said...

that's an interesting sketch.
Great take on it.

glorygirl said...

Love how the embellishments lead your eye around the picture! And, seeing your gorgeous work with the cog mask makes me want to get mine out!

kate blue said...

great take on the sketch using your CKC kit! and the striped paper is cute (not ugly)...love that yoru phone captured such a great photo!

Lesley G said...

Wow, what a sketch!!! Love your take on it, well done :)

Jimjams said...

You've made great use of an un-loved paper there - love the shapes. I like their sketches because they take people in new directions!

Susanne said...

Okay, I'm impressed. You've made what I thought was a difficult, awkward sketch really work. Kudos!

Lizzy Hill said...

So the Ugly paper is Ugly no more...looks perfect here...you've worked what I think is a really difficult sketch too, so well!!! LOVE the masking in the bottom corner:):) Well done & thanks for playing at Scrap Friends....hope you come again now you've found us!!!:):):)

Jennifer Grace said...

The diagonal paper really does work on there! I love the cog mask misting too! x

Stephanie said...

wow, great take on the sketch! I'm not sure I could make that sketch work but you totally pulled it off. Lovely layout.

Lisa said...

I really like the sketch and the way you have interpreted it is really great - that diagonal paper is lovely too. Clever way to incorporate some themed items