Sunday 28 April 2013

Round and Round at Ruby's rainbow and Steampunk at Tuesday Taggers

The theme at Ruby's Rainbow is Round and Round.
This is a site where you can upload cards, layouts, tags , whatever.
http://rubysrainbow.blogspot.com.au/
Here is the link.

I've chosen a layout about a ride at the Sydney Royal Easter Show. It made my head spin watching the kids on the ride. Goodness knows what it did to them.
I've gone a little "mixed media" with this as I still have elements from the wonderful Finnabair day.

As many of them were round, I used them.
As you can see I've misted through a spotty prima mask, then using the same mask applied gesso in another area.
Then I've stamped using cogs from my favourite 7 gypsies "Steampunk" stamps.
After that dried, I began gluing metallic on to the page. Most of these are circular in shape eg the bottlecap, washer, flower, eyelets etc.
I've also added round epoxy dots and a chain with bronze brads,as well as my journaling circle.
Here's a close up
 
Next I've made a tag using similar elements for Tuesday Taggers
The theme there is "steampunk"
I started with a white tag and used distress ink in "old paper" colour as my background.
Then I stamped the same cog image from 7 gypsies.
I've glued metallic elements plus a wooden cog from Prima and some epoxy dots.
I inked around the edges of the tag in black and added a leather tie. Finally, I've added a little turquoise misting.
 
Here's the finished item

4 comments:

Kerryn said...

I can't stand to watch rides let alone get on them. I get dizzy too easily LOL. Great idea with all the circular elements. Looks fab :).

Debbie said...

Such a great layout.Love all the texture.Brilliant.Thanks for joining in with us over at Ruby's Rainbow.Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

Basslady said...

a gorgeous LO!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

My name is Cindy said...

Great steampunk style tag, thanks for joining us at TioT!! (You'd never get me on that ride, makes me dizzy just looking at it!!) Cidy