Saturday 9 November 2013

Cards for Christmas and holiday traditions at Jingle belles.

When I was a kid, (back in the dark ages), my grandfather used to play the piano and we would all sing Christmas Carols.
I've recently been sorting through stuff at Mum's house and found the sheet music.
It lives on in another form!
 
 
 
 
I've been making Christmas cards using the old sheet music which I have cut into flower shapes.
Then mist with "English Ivy" Glimmer mist from Tattered Angels.(I also misted a chippy word, Miracle)
After that dries, use liquid pearls around the edges and add a white lace flower from Merci to the centre.
Assemble.
I've made 2 cards with 2 different sized flowers.


Here are the finished cards.

Jingle belles is a fun site for Christmas cards if you're getting yours made too!

5 comments:

Trish said...

A great idea Julene

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards Julene

Marie Bingaman said...

That is a great idea, Julene! Way to recycle!! Your cards are great, and thanks for joining Jingle Belles this week! :)

SmilynStef said...

Singing Christmas Carols and listening to Christmas music is a favorite memory for me too ... and I love re-purposing my Grandad's sheet music ... your musical embellishment is fantastic ... so glad you shared your Holiday Tradition with us at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

what a lovely holiday card & made all the more special by incorporating that gorgeous sheet music you remember so fondly! that is BRILLIANT, i love it!!! thanks for sharing your story, and for joining our celebration of holiday traditions at JINGLE BELLES!!! :)