Tuesday 19 November 2013

Color me scrappy # 50.

This is the colour palette


The other criteria was texture eg burlap (hessian),paint etc.

Out came my Counterfeit Kit plus the blue paint and a few scraps.
I started with the ledger paper and stamped circle stars.
See this post for details on it.
http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/cha-counterfeit-mini-kit.html

I also dug out the hessian red indian outfit Mum made me years ago and I'm now using the hessian.


Today I finished off some hexagon shaped mini letters, so used the background as a mask for blue paint.
Next I matted my 2 photos on brown card then on hessian.
I've used brads in navy & white to hold it on the layout.
The eyelet from the top of the Graphic 45 letters wasn't wasted either. I threaded navy ribbon through it and used it as another embellishment.
The braid on the pennant was also from the Bo-bunny CK.
Now I will explain my title.....................
The car is an old Holden brand.
An old Holden becomes an 'olden in Australia.(Aussie slang). So when I saw this I said it is hold'n on okay/ "olden ok.  Hence my title.

13 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

Really do love that creamy background with the dark brown & blue - you've done so much great custom work on here!

Unknown said...

Fantastic photos...never thought to use a Holden ute like that! Great layout! Thanks for joining us at CMS

JJsMomSteph said...

Love your starts and texture on this layout! What a fun story! Thanks for playing with us at Color Me Scrappy!

Kerry said...

I love it when you can use leftover's that would normally get thrown away to help with creating something arty! Great use of the unwanted outfit for getting the texture onto your page too. Wonderful photo's and awesome layout. Thanks for joining us at Color me scrappy. xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

So amazing that you used things that you had for your layout! I love how it turned out and it was made from your heart, too! Thank you so much for joining us at Color Me Scrappy!

Dolly B said...

Love it Julene, you have nailed the colour palette and I love your photo and title
Mary

Tara O said...

Beautifully done. Love that color palette and you definitely nailed it!

Unknown said...

You rocked the color palate and I love you were able to reuse the material! Your title is cute too! Love the whole thing! Thanks for playing along with Color Me Scrappy:)

Crystal Schneider said...

Your page looks great. I love how you painted. All of your details look great. Thank you for joining us at the Memory Nest.

Tina Campbell said...

OMGosh that layout is so rad! As they would say nowadays. Fantastic job on the layout and a cool truck too

Lynn said...

Well done!! Love the texture and all the details.
Thanks for playing along with us at Color Me Scrappy :)

Alexandra Boehnke said...

I love your layout - it is phantastic! Thanks for joining us at CMS.

Raechelle Bellus said...

Your background work is beautiful! I love the texture you have added! Thanks for joining us at Color Me Scrappy!