Friday 15 November 2013

Scrapfriends sketch challenge


I took one look at this and thought the 70's ...hippies, pop festivals, peace etc.
As I wasn't a hippy then I tried to channel my inner hippy and produce it in the trims.

The Bella spotted "Kinda Crafty' was a good start.
At the top I've used a paper I created myself using ink through a chevron mask inside the d/s tape roll. It made perfect circles.
The next item was the fringed upholstery braid....so 70's in style.
The feathers and skeleton leaves also hark back to that era.
The flair buttons are from D-LISH scraps. The brown/fawn mat for my photo is actually the packaging from the skeleton leaves (Little Birdie).
The quote in the centre top says "Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love. The things you are, the things you never want to lose"
I've also dribbled a little Tattered angels mist in the gaps.
I was about 25 in that photo.

I tried layering all my matting around the photo first.
This was a technique shown by Jennifer Grace.
http://jennifergracecreates.com/a-challenge-to-embrace-the-busy/

back view.
First a couple of close ups

 and finally my layout!
 
For Counterfeit Kit followers, I'm now using my counterfeit Bo-Bunny Kraft kit that I put together last month.
 
 

4 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Cool layout! Wow that was a busy sketch to work from too, I agree it's looks like it's form the 70's

LCSmithSAVED said...

Good thing you had the extra kit from last month! This is such a wonderful photo of you back in the day :~D Lots of fun choices for the throwback 70s page

Jennifer Grace said...

This is so cool, I love the fringed braid and the feathers! It's a great take on the sketch and I'm glad to see you tried out my tip! Thanks for joining in! Jennifer x

Lizzy Hill said...

Love what you've done here, especially the layers...& those badges...YUM!! Thanks so much for joining us at SF:):)