Wednesday 28 May 2014

His and Hers cards at Scrap Africa

Over at Scrap Africa there is a card challenge for matching his and hers cards.

Here is my take on the challenge



I started with 2 cards made from Kraft cardstock.
I inked through masks,cogs for the man and a lacy doiley for the female.
Next I put a strip of ribbon along the bottom third plus a Graphic 45 lettered strip on both.
I used number 60 on both and outlined around them.
Using more Graphic 45 stickers, I've put a lock & key on the male card plus the word vintage.
I put a woman's face plus the word unique. Photo corners were added to both cards.
As I turn 60 this year, there are lots of friends turning 60 as well, so these will be used for sure.

10 comments:

Helen Wallace said...

Hi Julene, thanks for joining us at Scrap Africa. I like the idea of using the same base and changing subtle details for each :D

Nolene Burnett said...

I love your masking, especially those cogs. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa.

Val-Belle said...

Good idea to use the different backgrounds :) Love the earthy tones. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa.

li-bee-ti said...

Classic and elegants cards! love the vintage theme with the masking and the riboons.
Thank you for playing with us at Scrap Africa!

Maremi's Small Art said...

Oh wow ! How interesting, creative cards. so inspirational. Thank you so much for playing with Scrap Africa, Love Marta x

Trish said...

I love the vintage look you achieved here Julene

Erica said...

Love the masking on the background - subtle and pretty! Thank you for sharing you work and playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

Jo said...

Loving the background Julene. A lovely vintage take on the challenge.

Athanasia said...

love the earth colors and the masking! Thank you for sharing at Scrap Africa.

Denise van Deventer said...

Great stencilled backgrounds and love the vintage feel! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)