Tuesday 13 May 2014

A Prima Dilemma and Challenge #2 at Counterfeit Kits.

Pull up a chair and a cuppa, this is a long post

I want to use my favourite paper in this month's kit

Prima Rondelle collection 'Quadrille".
It brings to mind Scarlett O'Hara and "Gone with the wind", my favourite movie!

So, I'm thinking vintage or shabby chic for this one...first some research....
LB1_4155
Someone else's layout....NOT MINE!
CHA - Rondelle - Brit
Still some else's layout, but less flowers!

Prima kindly suggest a colour palette in their flowers
562403

Now to see what is in my kit that tones with all this............


I'd love to use all those laces up plus the tiny manilla envelopes I found in Dad's bowls bag of all places. And what's that in the top left hand corner?    Yes it is FLOWERS!!! and PRIMA ones at that.

First I made a flower from the vintage lace
Then I began layering:- photo, vellum, bookpaper, lace doileys,the 3 small envelopes, the white mesh.
After adhering it in place, I used the banner at the top and stitched the vintage sequin strip along the bottom.
I put an organza bow around the top of the photo mat.
I then stitched on the lace flower.
I added my title and journaling tag.
Lastly, I glued small Prima flowers in appropriate parts of the layout.

For the challenge of safety in numbers I will nominate the flowers, but it could also be the laces.

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Wise choice this is certainly cute layout :)

Lesley G said...

Very sweet :)