Saturday 10 May 2014

C'est Magnifique at Versailles

It certainly is!

I was lucky enough 5 years ago to fulfil a dream and visit Versailles.
This photo was from the map room.

Here is the sketch from C'est Magnifique
 May Sketch Challenge
I've decided to base my layout on that.

Firstly, I didn't have any chipboard gates, but had a Twiddlybits spiral staircase and Picture frame.
I inked these using "Inca Gold" which is applied using a rag.
Next, I misted the background slightly with True Turquoise glimmer mist.
After matting my photo on strips of paper I added a variety of flowers, including tiny Prima flowers and pink rosebuds.
I focussed my Tattered Inspirations globe about halfway up the LHS of the photo, almost opposite the real one in the photo.
3 Fleur de Lis gold brads added some royalty to the layout.
Inside my gold chipboard frame, I have added a photo of the Dauphin's portrait, cut to size.

Here's my layout.

3 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Beauty of a layout :)

LCSmithSAVED said...

The tiny portrait & fleur-de-lis are the absolute PERFECT touches! Congrats on a dream come true :~)

Valerie S said...

Congratulations! Your layout was one of the featured layouts for the May Sketch Challenge at C'est Magnifique Kits. We loved your take on the sketch! Thanks for participating in our sketch challenge.