Friday 18 October 2013

Let's get shabby with buttons

I think I was channelling my inner "Mary Poppins" with this card.
I've gone all candy striped pink.
My card has striped patterned paper and silver striped ribbon with a vintage feel. I've also used a circle of paper doiley cut from a previous challenge (look below)
Then I've stitched 4 white buttons with pink thread and finally used a commercially printed tag saying "I love you so much". This could be an early valentines day card or just for someone very girly.
I hope the "Let's get shabby" people like it.

And while I'm on pink and white, don't forget the Lollipop Ladies challenge of jubes which closes soon.

7 comments:

Deb said...

Love those candy stripes and the use of the outer circle of the doily, Julene. The buttons add a lovely touch to your card. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Shabby.

Christiane Courtin-Mangez said...



A lovely card with buttons and candy stripes, it's very pretty !!

Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Shabby

mandysea said...

Love your channelled Mary Poppins!!! love the cut out doily.. great idea and your buttons look fabby too! Thanks for playing along with Shabby!

OriBella said...

Great and clever card!:) Thank you for playing along at LGS!

Julie said...

Like how you have used the doily. Thanks for playing with us at Shabby.

JansArtyJunk said...

So pretty in pink...great job with the buttons Julene...Thanks for playing along with us at Let's get Shabby :)

Zanka said...

Such a sweet, positive card, the colours are so soft! I like the contrasting white spots made with buttons. Thank you for joining lGS challenge!