Friday 4 October 2013

Jewellery stimulus for layout.

Here is my Staffordshire pottery brooch.
I bought this when I went to England in 1976.It was the end of my first year of teaching.I saved  all the money for my trip. It was my 'treat to myself" as I was only 21.
It suggests a floral cluster to me in pinks, yellows and some greenery of course.It also makes me think of spring.
I've gone vintage with this layout featuring a photo of my parents in 1947.
I think the connection to my brooch is fairly obvious.



6 comments:

Lesley G said...

Such a pretty layout and a lovely story :)

mandysea said...

that's a lovely story! So glad you got to tell it with your LO! You've scrapped it perfectly...

I'm so inspired by this challenge!

Angela Toucan said...

beautiful layout and pretty broach

LCSmithSAVED said...

I have earrings that match your brooch! They were my aunt's - it's entirely possible that she bought them in England. Happy associations :~) You did a great translation!

Lisa said...

love how you took that beautiful brooch and made it into your gorgeous layout! How wonderful to have kept it all these years - so very special!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

What a pretty brooch, your layout is a perfect compliment to it.