Sunday 27 October 2013

Color me scrappy with feathers

This layout is for Color me scrappy
As I didn't have any real feathers and can't chase a bird, I made a paper feather. It is on the lady's hair. It is misted with red which unfortunately dribbled, so let's say it is a red feather!
Whenever I see a circus,I always think of this poem by CJ Dennis.

Hey, there!  Hoop-la! the circus is in town!
Have you seen the elephant?  Have you seen the clown?
Have you seen the dappled horse gallop round the ring?
Have you seen the acrobats on the dizzy swing?
Have you seen the tumbling men tumble up and down?
Hoop-la!  Hoop-la! the circus is in town!


Hey, there!  Hoop-la!  Here's the circus troupe!
Here's the educated, dog jumping through the hoop.
See the lady Blondin with the parasol and fan,
The lad upon the ladder and the india-rubber man.
See the joyful juggler and the boy who loops the loop.
Hey!  Hey!  Hey!  Hey!  Here's the circus troupe!

I used to teach it to classes for dramatic presentations.
On my layout I started with 8x8 paper by Merci Carnival. After matting my photo under the poem I found a clown picture in the same pack. The word "Laughter" has been on my scrap desk for ages. Then on went the pennants, stars, washi tape, journalling block . Finally I added the lady which is an embossed wedding stamp. I cut off the veil and added the feather and scrap paper lace on her skirt.
Rhinestones completed the picture.

8 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

The banners look awesome!

Dolly B said...

Thank you for joining in at CMS Julene and a clever way to add your feather. The banner looks great for the circus theme as well
Mary

Sharon Fritchman said...

Julene! I absolutely love what you did with this color scheme and your feather! You rocked this challenge! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Color Me Scrappy!

JJsMomSteph said...

This is so creative! Thanks for sharing it with us at color me scrappy.

Lynn said...

Love your banner and feather!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Me Scrappy.

Kerry said...

What a great idea to add a favourite poem to your layout! The feather is very cute even with the running ink! Thanks for joining in the Color Me Scrappy challenge. xx

Crystal Schneider said...

Very fun layout.Great job using a feather. Thank you for joining us at Color Me Scrappy.

petrii said...

What a fantastic LO!! The banners are terrific!!!