Wednesday 30 July 2014

The orange envelopes...........and starting the marathon.

I've been watching the Commonwealth games and enjoying mostly the swimming and the marathon.
I have to admire the runners perseverance.

Yesterday I was at a local Op shop when I spotted these.
and inside there was orange envelopes.

Now I haven't counted but I guess there are around 200 per box.
So,................I bought the lot!
At $3 a box you can't go wrong!

Many of the cards I make I sell for charity so I will use them..........eventually.
(I can see my daughter shaking her head as she reads this :)
So begins my marathon.

Last night while watching the swimming I made these  5 cards and used up some scraps, my orange mini alphas and gold washi tape.
 
 

That is 5 down and approx. 995 to go.

2 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards Julene.

Bonnie said...

These are going to look beautiful with the orange envelopes! I got some dark green envelopes once and I used my paper shredder to make basket filler. Still have some though.