Wednesday 23 July 2014

Sketch 'n'scrap layout finished Counterfeit Kit

While uploading the two previous cards I noticed there was a layout sketch at Sketch 'n' scrap.
Looking at what was left of my Counterfeit kit, I decided I could squeeze out another layout.

I started with a blue paper featuring a lace edged blue. Over that I misted with turquoise (barely visible).
Next, I traced the circle and faux stitched it.
The assembly began, and I realised the sketch works better this way.
 
There were over 1000 islands we flew over, so I used numbers as the strips across.
I've actually used 2 items I bought from Michaels craft store in Vancouver on here, the Canada word and the chipboard float plane.
 
 

16 comments:

Tammi said...

love how you flipped the sketch! Looks fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!

Tina Campbell said...

Your are such and inspiration to the ones that want to kill the kit you show how it's done, well done on great month of crafting :) I like how you changed up the sketch and the layouts are fun to see how your traveling went :)

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

I love seeing sketches flipped to work with your photos. You did great. Thanks for joining us at SnS

Lisa said...

Wonderful job using the sketch to fit your photos! I love the beautiful blue background! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Clever how you stretched the numbers across. Cute product from Michaels!

Susanne said...

That flip really worked. Congrats on getting another layout out of your kit.

Lissa said...

Love the rotation -- great idea! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

cinmfoster said...

Great take on the sketch. Love the float plane.
Cindy F

Kerry said...

Sometimes a sketch works out great when it's turned as your page demonstrates! Another gorgeous page Julene and thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

Lisa said...

nice take on the sketch and I like how you used the numbers for the strips. more wonderful memories!

Marie-Christine Denis Mixed Média said...

beautiful photo and colors!!!
Thanks to joining us at Sketch N scrap!!!!

Wendy said...

Flipping the sketch was a fabulous idea! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Anonymous said...

Linda página! Adorei como usou o sketch!
Obrigada por participar conosco no Sketch N Scrap.

theoldesaltbox said...

Beautiful! Those number banners are great, thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

Brandi Matos said...

So wonderfully done!

Thanks for joining us at SNS :-)

Unknown said...

Fabulous! Love how you flipped the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!