Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Sketch 'n'scrap layout finished Counterfeit Kit

While uploading the two previous cards I noticed there was a layout sketch at Sketch 'n' scrap.
Looking at what was left of my Counterfeit kit, I decided I could squeeze out another layout.

I started with a blue paper featuring a lace edged blue. Over that I misted with turquoise (barely visible).
Next, I traced the circle and faux stitched it.
The assembly began, and I realised the sketch works better this way.
 
There were over 1000 islands we flew over, so I used numbers as the strips across.
I've actually used 2 items I bought from Michaels craft store in Vancouver on here, the Canada word and the chipboard float plane.
 
 

16 comments:

Tammi said...

love how you flipped the sketch! Looks fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!

Tina Campbell said...

Your are such and inspiration to the ones that want to kill the kit you show how it's done, well done on great month of crafting :) I like how you changed up the sketch and the layouts are fun to see how your traveling went :)

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

I love seeing sketches flipped to work with your photos. You did great. Thanks for joining us at SnS

Lisa said...

Wonderful job using the sketch to fit your photos! I love the beautiful blue background! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Clever how you stretched the numbers across. Cute product from Michaels!

S said...

That flip really worked. Congrats on getting another layout out of your kit.

Lissa said...

Love the rotation -- great idea! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

cinmfoster said...

Great take on the sketch. Love the float plane.
Cindy F

Kerry said...

Sometimes a sketch works out great when it's turned as your page demonstrates! Another gorgeous page Julene and thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

Lisa said...

nice take on the sketch and I like how you used the numbers for the strips. more wonderful memories!

marie-christine denis said...

beautiful photo and colors!!!
Thanks to joining us at Sketch N scrap!!!!

Wendy said...

Flipping the sketch was a fabulous idea! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Kátia Cris said...

Linda página! Adorei como usou o sketch!
Obrigada por participar conosco no Sketch N Scrap.

Heather Hall said...

Beautiful! Those number banners are great, thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

Brandi Matos said...

So wonderfully done!

Thanks for joining us at SNS :-)

Hillary Harris said...

Fabulous! Love how you flipped the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!