Sunday 27 July 2014

Off the rails scrapbooking



This palette was perfect for me.
My daughter is being bridesmaid for a friend soon and the colour scheme is red and aqua.
Erica, being a costume designer, has made fascinators and embellished the shoes for the wedding.
I saw her on Tuesday and admired her handiwork.

My layout started with an aqua paper from Kaisercraft Hummingbird range featuring a cut out section with a deer and branches..
I lightly misted over that.
 I matted it on a cream background paper.
I have also used a Flourish with a Bling swirl.
Next I painted flowers to match and found some Prima tiny flowers which co-ordinated.
I've used 2x 6x6 photos for this so you can see the details.
The MME Chalk chevron arrow united the left and right hand side.
At the bottom is a quote "be happy for this moment, this moment is your life."


8 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

CLEVER girl you have there! LOOOVE those shoes!! Your whole page works perfectly with the mood board - gorgeous take on our OTR challenge - so happy to see you joining in:):):)

Unknown said...

Lovely layout Julene. Your daughter's work looks great ... should be a lovely wedding. Thanks for joining in at Off the Rails.

Lisa said...

what a great colour scheme and her work looks amazing. great that you captured this already

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Oh I like how you used the theme in your layout too! Great take on the challenge.:)

Deena said...

Julene I love how you have used the paper and yes the colours are pergect for your photo. Stunning layout thank you for joining the challenge at Off The Rails Scrapbooking

sannalippert said...

oh yes, accessories are important :). perfect take on the challenge! thanks for playing along with us at Off The Rails :)

Unknown said...

amazing way you used the red to highlight your title amongst the aqua, gives the whole page such a wonderful pop! Great page, and thanks for playing along with us at OTRS!

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

WOOO HOOO nice LO and those SHOES!!!! thank you so much for joining us at OTR xx