Tuesday 15 July 2014

Scrapbook store sketch challenge



Here is the new sketch at http://thescrapbookstore.com.au/blog/

I've gone all out with this one and used some of my Counterfeit Kit as well.
Firstly, the background was inked using an old wedge shaped ink pad in yellow.
I added to that my misting with red and bottle green.
Then I began applying my layers:-two lace doileys,a luggage tag, scraps of Teresa Collins far and away papers and buttons, washi tape, ricrac to look like water, random groupings of numbers left from an alphas set and MME "Chalk studio" stickers (Which I notice can be bought at the Scrapbook Store) . I did my own lettering on the title and circle.
Overall, I'm content with how it has turned out and I've definitely used some "scraps" there.

The yellow border goes all the way around.
 

4 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Lovely layout and I wonder too about it's story :) Well done on using bits and pieces on this layout :)

cinmfoster said...

Cute layout, great take on the sketch.
Cindy F

Susanne said...

Layering up bits and bobs is really a fun part of using the kits, isn't it. Nicely done here.

Lisa said...

lovely use of the bright yellow with the blues - looks so lovely and summery