Thursday 24 July 2014

Counterfeit Kit blog hop for July

It has been a short scrapping month for me having only arrived home from Canada and Alaska on the 7th.
However I've jumped right into my CK and am enjoying it.
Our Challenge #3 is to make a Frame card.

I started with some old inks that are almost worn out plus pink cardstock.
The stencil was in a throw out bin at Spotlight.(I always check those)

I selected the crimson and formed my border.
Next is this set of stamps from my July kit. I'm intending to create my own butterfly paper.
I chose the swirly stamp on the rhs.
Here is how it looks on the inner card.

Next I lightly wiped the paler pink inkpad over the stamped image to provide a link to the background.(Unfortunately it looks better IRL, on here it just looks smudges.
I have also used some pink pearls to make the card a bit more special.
Now to the order of the blog hop.

CKCB               http://www.counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com











10 comments:

Lesley G said...

Glad you had a great trip and your safely home :)

cinmfoster said...

Cute card. I am sure I'll be making more of this style of card.
Cindy F

Susanne said...

Love the swirly stuff!

Miss Jane said...

What a lovely card. The swirls & butterflies are great

LCSmithSAVED said...

Light & summery. That stencil was a nice save from the throwaway bin!

Tina Campbell said...

Love how the card turned out and all those swirls :)

Jimjams said...

The pearls are the prefect addition

Chidkid said...

Very pretty

Sassy Breese said...

I am looking forward to layout about your trip. (I bet Lisa H. is too.) Don't make us wait too long.

Sweet little card. Great score on the bin find.

Lisa said...

glad to see you jumping right back in and this card is very pretty. the pearls really make it special