Tuesday 4 March 2014

Watercolour at Counterfeit Kits.

A few years ago I bought these "Silky crayons" at a local show.

I haven't used them much, but decided to add some colour to this heavily embossed cardstock.
The idea is you use just a touch of light colouring in with the crayon then spread it with the water pen.


I did each colour separately (ie all the pink first etc.)
As this is a photo of my grandparents I wanted something special.
Nanna always wore small florals on her dresses (or at least that is how I remember it.)
For this reason I chose to keep the flowers fairly true to the embossing.
This is a slight twist on water colour, but it still is using water and paint.
and a close up

5 comments:

Lesley G said...

So very pretty Julene :)

Jimjams said...

Beautifully done - a great idea for embossed CS to make a lovely page.

Angela Toucan said...

absolutely wonderful use of water colours, and I want some of those sticks! Very pretty page, and such a special memory.

cinmfoster said...

Very pretty

Tina Campbell said...

Beautifully done and the layout is really sweet with it too :)