Sunday 16 March 2014

Show us your stuff

inspo board
Whenever I see green I think of Ireland, the green there is so vibrant.
On our tour around Ireland we saw many old castles, some in ruins.
This one at Knappogue was still intact and as we arrived early in the morning, there was still dew or rain left from overnight.
I noticed a spider web with water hanging on it (photo on right).
I've tried to re-create that using a chipboard vine and diamente braid. It is hand made in the sense that I cut it to resemble the spiders web.
There is also a celtic knot behind the title which I punched out.

8 comments:

Trish said...

I am not a green person but love what you have achieved here .....I also loved Ireland

Susan Hogan said...

Ireland has so many wonderful castle ruins - my husband got 'castled out' but I just loved them and could visit all day long! This looks a good one and the spiders web on the soft morning with the dew is fabulous!

Amanda said...

Very clever handmade! Thanks for joining in at SUYS!

Sue Plumb said...

How fabulous! I love that you have taken an element of the photo and turned it into an actual embellishment! Very clever! Thanks for playing along at SUYS.

Catie said...

Great idea to extend an element of your fab photos onto the page to create you handmade embellie with. Great work! Thanks for joining in at SUYS this month :)

Chloe said...

Great idea with the spider web! Looks great :) Thanks for joining in at SUYS!

Alison said...

What a clever idea - your spider web is fab! Thanks for taking the SUYS challenge :)

Paula said...

Great take on the challenge board & fab photos. Thanks for playing along with us over @ SUYS :)