Saturday 15 March 2014

Artastic Canvas

The challenge at Artastic is this


I've made this canvas using multi layering of mixed media items.
First I stamped with Kaiser "moments" stamp.
Next I've used rub-ons with words such as love ,promise, moment, happiness in quotes.
The background was painted with white gesso then I used gesso through a clock mask to create the raised texture.
Next I misted with Tattered Angels turquoise mist.
The Memory Maze chipboard cogs were also misted then placed randomly on the canvas.
The white gauze was placed in a criss cross pattern going both vertically and horizontally.
On the right hand side I've used all that remained from my Prima metallic.They were glued to the canvas.
After measuring where the photo was to go, I added blue foil then my photo and a flair button from Shopevalicious.
The canvas sticker and inked bird are then added.
I keep humming "If I could turn back time" and I don't know why, except that I would dearly love to visit Venice again one day.
Here are some close ups
 
and here is the complete canvas.


11 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Very pretty, lots and lots of textures :)

Tone-Lill said...

Brilliantly made canvas. I love the use of different techniques giving different textures. Thank you for playing along with our challenge at ARTastic :)

Deb said...

This is a great canvas, Julene. Love the texture you have created. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.

Jane said...

Love your use of texture Julene - great work! Many thanks for playing along with us on ARTastic.

DebiJ said...

A wonderful photo for your canvas Julene, gorgeous background work - I hope this is hanging on your wall! Its fabulous!
Thank you for playing along at ARTastic with us.
Debi - DT@ARTastic!

Elaine said...

More beautiful work from you :-). I love how you created texture using different mediums and different embellishments. Isn't it fun scrapping on a canvas? Thanks for playing along with our challenge at ARTastic.

Kylie gW said...

That page must have seriously buckled under all that paste! Love the background and all your details! Great ARTastic entry.

Unknown said...

What a fun layout! Love the colours which really make the photo stand out! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at ARTastic.

Aubrieannie UU said...

Great canvas! I love the texture, especially the subtlety of the clock stenciled in! I also like the muted colors quite a bit. Great job and thanks for hanging out with the ARTastic ladies!

mytawnyinspirations said...

Great canvas. I love all of the textures you have introduced by using different mediums and objects. Now I've got 'Turn back Time' buzzing around in my head! Thank you for playing with us at ARTastic. Cheers, Di

MiliPea Designs said...

Gorgeous canvas! Love all the texture!