Wednesday 5 March 2014

Stuck with Peacocks



The sketch at Stuck! prompted me to use the bird paper from my Counterfeit Kit.
I had 2 photos of a peacock we saw in Greece.
The main problem was the blues in the peacock and the brown tones of the 7 Gypsies Aviary paper.

My backing strips were a mixture of brown and blues.
My embellishment corners and edge strip were brown.
The wooden camera on the far LHS has a blue mottled centre and drips of Tattered Angels mist cover the brown section.
My title overlaps the photos.
 In all these ways I have linked the blues and browns.
As I really love these papers I left as many birds facing out as I could manage.


10 comments:

cinmfoster said...

Very nice layout, all the blue addition make this work

Laura said...

Lovely LO. I have this paper but can't bring myself to cover any of it up...

Unknown said...

Such a great page, lovely papers too! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Hope to see you back for the March 15th challenge!

Lee-Anne said...

Very pretty page! Love the birds. Thanks for playing with us at Stuck?!

Tina Campbell said...

Very nice way to show off a cool piece of paper, the pictures are fantastic :)

Sandy Ross said...

Great way to show off your peacock pictures! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

Joefil said...

Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?!

Ann said...

Nice work with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Sarah said...

Great page! Love those peacocks!Thanks for or joining us at Stuck? sketches

Lisa said...

clever working of the colours to make this come together and what gorgeous photos of these beautiful peacocks!