Thursday 11 October 2012

Artastic flower garden

Here is my layout for Artastic this month.
It sarted as a piece of patterned paper for cricket layouts.I stuck the orange spotted paper over the border saying cricket, then machine stitched stems for my hand made flowers.The fabric twisted organza one and the felt flowers I made myself.(I'm selling felt flowers see 3 posts before this one if you're interested)
A friend knitted the 2 flowers for me to co-ordinate with the colours I've chosen. I can no longer knit owing to my Rheumatoid arthritis.
There is a photo of bluebells on here which I chose not to mat as it looked more natural on the grassy background.There is no title (Purposely) but the journalling tag points out where the photo was taken.
Here are some close ups...


9 comments:

Shazza said...

A great assortment of different handmade flowers...well done. thanks for joining in ARTastic this month!

Chantelle said...

Love your array of different flowers - very creative - thanks for joining us at ARTastic :)

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Your flowers add a lovely texture to your layout Julene.They are so eyecatching with the spring colours you used.
Thanks for joining in at the ARTastic Challenge this month.

Jane said...

What a great mix of handmade flowers Julene - they all look so different. Many thanks for playing along with us.

Elaine said...

What a beautiful range of flowers. Glad you have a lovely friend to help you out with knitted flowers :-).
You have made some great flowers yourself. Thanks for joining us at ARTastic.

DebiJ said...

What a great array of flowers Julene,all different textures. How lovely of your friend to make some for your too, cos they certainly just add that extra to your lovely page. Thanks for playing along at ARTastic!

Mrs Rogers said...

Julene it is amazing how you have incorporated your beautiful hand made flowers into the background paper, great result.

Helene Bogren said...

Wonderful flowers! Love them all! Thanks for playing along at ARTastic!

amanda73 said...

love all your flowers....this is very artistic....thanks for playing along at artastic