Friday 24 November 2023

Challenge YOUrself

 I've made this layout for Challenge YOUrself 


We were asked to use this sketch.

As my photo mat I layered 3 different papers to make a varied background. I also used similar papers to cut out my circles. After adhering those in place I used ribbon with a scalloped edge under my photo plus a row of washi tape. I found my title which I layered over the organdie ribbon.

To each of the circles I added a green flower and brad plus a wood veneer bluebird of happiness. I added my subtitle (Forever friends) with a wood veneer arrow. I also added some green triangle enamel dots along the arrow and down the left-hand side of the photo. Lastly, I sewed 2 buttons. 



The paler green border goes around the bottom too, the scanner cut it off.

That's me in the middle. 

4 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh Julene! Your layout is absolutely beautiful. I love the photo of you with your friends and I really like the colors that you chose. Your take on the sketch is fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month! YAY!!

Tracy P said...

Great take on the sketch! Love all your added little touches and the pops of green are perfect. Thank you for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.

Cook Scrap Craft said...

You have so many beautiful elements on this page - ribbon, enamel dots, buttons! Great take on the sketch. Thank you for playing with us at Challenge YOUrself!

Sherri Caramico said...

Perfect title for a Lovely layout and photos! Great take on the sketch!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!!