Tuesday 8 August 2023

Challenge YOUrself

 The challenge this time is 


I started thinking about where I was dressed up in my finery and came up with this.



We attended a wedding of a friend back in 1983, which was around the time of our first anniversary.

I had bought the matching pink jersey dress and jacket which I teamed with pewter coloured belt, shoes and bag. I was very "swish" I thought. 

I've used a variety of papers including some from Kaisercraft. I added 2 pieces of chipboard swirls, that I painted red. There are also neutral papers including the note paper that says "You had me at Hello" (an expression from a movie around that time). 

Hope you like it. 


4 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

I absolutely love your gorgeous page, Julene! I especially like the beautiful photo. Yes, you were definitely DRESSED TO IMPRESS! (My cousin got married in the early 80's and her dress and hat were very similar to the bride's in the photo!) Your design and embellishments look amazing. Thank you so very much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. I cannot tell you how much i appreciate your participation. I always LOVE seeing your layouts. Thank you! Hugs, Sharon

Tracy P said...

Great take on our challenge! Your dress was beautiful and I love the color. Love your design and the grid design look with your background. Thank you for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself.

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Love your pink dress! That was the year I was born! :) Thank you so much for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself!

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Julene, that’s a great take on the challenge! Fantastic layout and lovely dress! Thank you for playing along with us at Challenge YOURself !