Sunday 3 January 2021

Paper Issues Jenga!

 I'm using the 2 blue papers from my kit to scrap-document a phenomenon in the sky recently. 

Jupiter and Saturn aligned on 20th December 2020 for the first time since the 1600s. First noticed in 1226.They are calling it "the Christmas star" as to an ancient eye it would appear bright in the sky.

Jupiter and Saturn will come within 0.1 degrees of each other, forming the first visible "double planet" in 800 years - CBS News

I was able to copy this photo at the time, it is not one of mine.



There is a purplish touch to this photo so I used mist on my background paper.Next, I layered the torn spotted paper with black lace. I found a couple of purple scraps, plus silver so used those as layers under my photo.

I did some hand stitching in navy thread and added blue brads at one end.I had a couple of darkroom door words that suited this and a wood veneer mountain to allude to the mountain in the photo.On that I used blue liquid pearls to add a night time shadow on the mountain.I also used a star stamp and black ink to stamp some stars.





No comments: