Friday 1 January 2021

January Counterfeit kit

 The new year begins and lets hope it is better for everyone. I certainly don't want to repeat 2020!

The new kit is the Flurries Deluxe kit at Not just for boys kit club.

(1) Not Just for Boys Scrapbooking Kit Club – {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club




I'm starting by saying it is mid-summer here in Oz and thoughts of snow and ice are far removed.
However, I decided to go with the colours and "feel" of the kit where I could.

Presenting: MIDSUMMER MOUNTAINS




Papers
The first one I picked was that reindeer paper ,then the woodgrains and so on.
Most of my papers aren't branded.
Some of my papers are from Kaisercraft's "Wandering Ivy" collection.(the 2 bottom right)
The woodgrain top left is also Kaisercraft.


I added some vellum,doileys, and 6x6 papers.
One has silver foiled pattern. Kind of "frosty"


Embellishments
They are are a mixed bag ,but trying to reflect the colours/themes.
I had wood veneers in shape of mountains and slices of logs, plus pennants. 
The washi features pine trees.My enamel brads are blues and greens (Kaisecraft again).
So is my paint.


I have black alphas plus some words in black also.


Not a plaid or snowflake in sight ,but hopefully somehow resembling the original.

A big welcome to Tamara our Guest Designer this month.

Here's the order of the blog hop.


Thanks for visiting and Happy New Year!!!!








9 comments:

cinmfoster said...

Julene great take on pulling out the colors in the kit. The reindeer paper is so cute and I love your green floral paper.
Cindy F

Tara O said...

This is a gorgeous kit! I was waiting to see what you did and I am truly amazed at this one! Have fun using this one up!

Lisa said...

Very much in the spirit of the original and yet, as you say, not a winter theme in sight! Well done, I expected nothing less ;-) A great kit and I know you will be scrapping up a storm in no time

Tina Campbell said...

Awesome kit Julene and love your choices too as mountain kit looks like a fun one to play with and a swoon for the birdie stamps too

Clair said...

What a beautiful selection. Perfect for winter, or summer and very much deserving of your wonderful kit name!

Lori said...

You did an awesome job making up your kit! I look forward to seeing your creations this month!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Stunning outdoorsy vibe! Makes me think of all the pics you post of your walks that I so enjoy seeing 😊 Happy New Year

Susanne said...

Nice seasonal adaptation Julene. I look forward to lots and lots of your creations.

kate blue said...

one of my top 5 kits you've made! Send me this one lol!!