Tuesday 2 May 2023

Challenge yourself

 At Challenge yourself there's a then and now challenge


I decided to use papers in my new kit to scrap this.

The "Be bold, be comfy, be right" paper came wrapped around a parcel and is actually just shop paper. It suited the theme of this layout as these are life lessons you learn along the way.

I tore it to fit across the middle. Then I added 2 other papers at the bottom to layer the effect. The arrows (triangles) also represent the passage of one's life. Both those gave me the Title.

I made the green tag using more tearing of paper. The whole thing is then tied up with twine (like a parcel).

My 2 photos show me (aged about 4,) on the beach with my sister and now in the other photo.

I finshed up with 2 paperclips which are opposite colours to the photos to link them.




4 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh wow, Julene! I absolutely LOVE your awesome "Then and Now" scrapbook page! The photos of YOU are wonderful and you scrapped them beautifully! I really like the way you used the shop paper as part of your design! It fits perfectly here! Thank you SO MUCH for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. We are very happy that you did!

Tracy P said...

Love the design and your paper choices. The twine is the perfect touch. Well done!! Thank you for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself.

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Beautiful layout! I love how your photos pop up against neutral beautiful papers. Thank for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

Sherri Caramico said...

Such a beautiful layout. Love you design! Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUself Blog!!