Thursday 14 May 2020

Paper Issues Hexagons and Freshly made sketches.

One of the challenges this month at Paper Issues group on Facebook was to use hexagons across the page.
I had a packet of Jillybean soup hexagon stickers in my kit so decided to use them all.

40 years ago I went to Hawaii with a friend, whom I still see.
One of our outings was to the Top of Waikiki restaurant which revolves, so you can see the views.
Here's a link with lots of photos if you're interested. https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g60982-d433919-Reviews-Top_of_Waikiki-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html

I started with another sheet of pineapple paper.
I matted my photos on a matching paper.
Carefully placing the hexagons around the photos I managed top almost reach across the page diagonally.
I placed my title over the bottom left area and used 2 die cuts around my photos. The yellow face luckily covered a lady's backside. :)

Lastly, I added a blue square brad.


  *****************************************************************************

At Freshly Made sketches they have this sketch



I decided to use an offcut of the pineapple paper to make a card.
Everything on this card is from my Counterfeit kit.



I've also entered this at Cute card Thursday where they want birthday cards

***************************************************************************
Seize the birthday wants monochromatic cards.
I've used the aqua colour again with more small offcuts from my kit.
The dirty mark near the brad is on my scanner, I need to buy some metholated spirits to clean it.


2 comments:

Deb said...

Such a pretty card and love your layout too!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

Kim S said...

The pineapple paper is so fun - you've made such a cheerful card! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.