Saturday 9 November 2019

Scrap room sketch and Lasting Memories.

This morning I made this layout for the scraproom sketch.


It is based around a memory I have from early childhood. Long before people put up Christmas lights in their houses, a few factories would make a special effort for Christmas.
Dad used to take us to see the Christmas lights at the ETA factory near Marrickville.
To a 5 year old me, it was magical.

I'm pleased to have used the Kaisercraft Merry Christmas letters which have been in my stash for so long. I also added the Cherish card plus a few brads and enamel dots.The small gold Christmas card was cut from an old card. The washi tape and gold doiley is from my Counterfeit kit this month.

Here's the sketch
*****************************************************************
Also at the Scrap Room they have this challenge
I used everything from my Counterfeit kit on this layout.
The papers were yellow and greys. I added navy washi tape plus a gold star washi as well.
The other embellishments are from scraps.
The alphas are an accu-cut machine set of letters at least 10 years old.


I'm also using this layout for the striped paper challenge at Lasting memories



3 comments:

Deanna said...

Great work with the sketch and I love your choice of patterned papers! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

cinmfoster said...

Great layouts. I struggle with the Freaky Fast and shouldn't I just need to slap it down and say good.
Cindy F

Lori said...

Both of these layouts are great, Julene! I love the papers/colors on the first layout and I love what you did with the FFF layout - love the blue with the soft yellow! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT