Sunday 28 July 2019

Christmas card throwdown and Less is More.

At Christmas card throwdown they want us to use ribbon.
I've made a tall card and layered some Christmas colours namely silver, gold and a touch of lime.

I chose the 2 different widths of ribbon and made a loose loop with a stitch in the centre to hold it all in place. Over the stitch I placed a lime and silver star.
The corrugated cardboard base and tiny gold spot paper made it look completed.
My sentiment matches the colours.

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

One more challenge before lunch, Less is more


I have a sheet of Christmas stickers that I'm using where I can.
I put 3 tiny mice on a 2 inch square and added it to plain red cardstock.
My sentiment is hand written also small.


8 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Julene: I always find it interesting how diverse your layout stylings are! Whether cards or scrapbooking, you have a vast repertoire of techniques! Cute cards!

Goga said...

Nice Christmas card. Love the tradicional colours.
Thank you for joining us at 52Cct. Goga

TracyB said...

Thanks for making a card for the Ribbon Challenge over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.

Michelle W said...

Two beautiful cards Julene. Those little mice are so cute! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

AlisonC said...

A really good idea to layer two ribbons together against that lovely background paper. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

Nonni said...

Very fun idea to use those small stickers for our challenge! I love all the white (well, red!) space you left, perfectly CAS! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

Andreja said...

What a beautiful festive card you made :-)) I like your choice of ribbon.
Thanks for playing with us at 52CCT.

Goga said...

Beautiful Chreistmas card.
Thank zou for joining us at 52CCT,GOGA