Thursday 11 January 2018

Scrap the girls

Scrap the girls has a colour board this month.



Because blue is one of my 2 favourite colours, I've decided to join in.

My photo is of Maggie and Christina, the 2 ladies from Phoenix who I recently visited.
They both lead separate lives but went to Europe last year together,which is how I met them.
I recently visited them in Phoenix ,Arizona.

I had no wet mediums in these colours so........
I layered some patterned papers as my background. Next, using scraps I layered squares & rectangles.
My mat for the photo matched one of the background papers.
The camera squares are offcuts from Shimelle paper and I sewed the 3 buttons on as a final embellishment.


7 comments:

Doreen Vasquez said...

Great layout! Love the blues and all the square/rectangle elements!

Lucie Forte said...

This is a great layout, thanks to playing with us at Scrap The Girls!

Sandra said...

Great idea to use different patterned papers in squares. Thanks for joining us at STG.

VĂ©ro said...

Love your sketch! Thanks for your participation! :)

Krisy said...

Patterned papers! What a great use of them. I need to pull mine out and use them more. Thanks for the inspiration and for playing along with us at STG xx

Rosemary Hanson said...

very cool!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls

Kareen Dion said...

Love it! Thank you for joining us at Scrap The Girls!