Monday 1 January 2018

January Counterfeit Kit challenge.

This is the Fair Isle Cocoa daisy kit.
https://www.cocoadaisy.com/product/november-2017-fair-isle-memory-keeping-12x12-kit/

And these are accompanying cards
 

This is the basis of our January kit to Counterfeit.

Looking through my red and green papers, then embellishments I came up with this.

I've named my kit "Not yet Santa" as I'm totally over Christmas and don't want to think about it again for at least 6 months. Yes, just call me scrooge!


My papers on their own.


 "lush" by MME
"Scarlet butter stripe" by Scrapbook walls
"Magical adventure" by Echo Park
"Go now go" by Shimelle
"Vintage Valentine" by Fancy Pants (3 different sheets)
"Snippets" by Bella
"Farmhouse" by October Afternoon
"Cousin" Family by Paper Inklings
"Bubblegum hills" by Kaisercraft.
There are also some no name papers and a red doiley.

My alphas are a mix of reds and bone/neutral colours.(Partly completed sets to use up)

My embellishments include a variety of FWAB items, rhinestones, toadstools,swirls, leaves.
There is a journaling pocket plus a bag of ribbons.There are also 2 washi tapes.



I'm also adding some last miute items from D-lish scraps


I'm also including strips, small tags, plus some larger tags to be revealed on 4th.(FOTF)

WELCOME  to our guest designer this month, Julie Jeavons.
https://jsquaredscrapspot.wordpress.com/

Now here's the order of the blog hop.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com 
Guest Designer - Julie - https://jsquaredscrapspot.wordpress.com 
Julene - http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com (You are here)
Kelly - http://www.honeysucklehillcrafts.com (Go here next)








13 comments:

Lori said...

Love the title of your kit, Julene! I'm kind of with you on being over all things Christmas, but I do hope to get some of my Christmas photos scrapped! Your kit is filled with a lot of fun things. I look forward to seeing your creations!

Clair said...

Will be interesting to see how you use these colours without them being Christmas themed :)

Susan said...

I agree with Clair - I'm intrigued to see how you'll use this combination in a non-Christmas-y way!

Sandy Ross said...

Fabulous kit....can't wait to see what you create with it!

Kelly Sroka said...

Cute kit! I love the name!

Margie said...

I am LOL at the name of your kit! But, I totally understand! On the years where I am up to date with December daily, I am so ready to be done with it by January. This year, I’m just getting started… Anyway, looking forward to seeing all of the wonderful projects that you make with your big, beautiful, non-Christmasy kit!

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute kit and a cute name too :)

LCSmithSAVED said...

Agree about being done except that my December Daily will have to be done this month. Really love your yummy take on the kit. I see that you've already completed a couple of pages! You are amazing.

Annie Claxton said...

Love your twist on the kit Julene - I may try a non-festive version too. Your embellies are gorgeous, looking forward to seeing the large tag :o)

Mrs. Heidrich said...

Beautiful combination of papers and some gorgeous embellishments. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

You may be over Christmas but your kit is still festive. Do I see a BAH humbug forgery in your future?

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful kit, love the mushrooms. Looking forward to seeing your projects.
Cindy F

Lisa said...

Great that you took the kit in a totally non-Christmas direction! Fun fun fun! So many lovely papers in those lovely red and green tones. As always, a super kit Julene and a great one to start the new year :-)