Sunday 23 November 2014

Creative scrappers sketch #282

Go and make a cuppa this will be a long post.
I've made a Billy Tea,my favourite brew!

Now in my Counterfeit Kit I had this very busy October Afternoon paper-Farmhouse Clothesline.
I want to use it because I like it!
I started by taming it with 2 other papers by Teresa Collins and Basic Grey.
I also added some punched out mesh.

Here's the sketch that I'm working from



I started with this sketch on Creative Scrappers.
For some reason I thought of birds. As I'm working through my holiday photos, I went to the eagle and Osprey photos.
When we were in Juneau Alaska we noticed eagles everywhere, more than I've ever seen.
I think I counted around 40.
At the top of the tramway we saw one with injured wings living in a cage.I felt sorry for such a majestic bird in a cage.
I combined these thoughts, plus some other bird embellishments to create this layout.

 
If you look at a close up of the left hand photo you can see 2 baby eagles in the nest.
 



The other photo features the osprey's nest which they build from that orange plastic tape found around construction sites. This one was balanced on top of a metal bridge.
                                                ******************************
A few weeks ago I attended a scrap weekend at Gundagai.
We made some fabulous items so I thought I'd share a few here.

A bloom girl layout with a ton of flowers.

 A canvas named Beautiful
 
Some memory files, still to be completed.
You can see there was lots of sprays and stamps and stencils involved.
This one is now ready to give as a Christmas gift.
 
Now my next trick is to add photos and embellishments.

If you've made it this far, thank you for your patience.
I finished my cuppa, have you?

2 comments:

Trish said...

Too hot here for a cuppa but I love your different Lots and canvas,my fav would have to be ""canvas

mandysea said...

oh my goodness!! Thanks so much for telling me to go over to Jennifer Graces blog... I had NO idea! what a wonderful surprise!! Loved her ideas - they are fabulous!!

ANd talking about fabulous...you've certainly scrapped up a storm!! Love your flower project - that's so striking and feminine.. and the shabby LO too! gorgeous work!
Oh and I haven't forgotten you challenge to me... am getting there... just finding time!