Wednesday 10 September 2014

Let's get shabby goes woody

Over at Let's get shabby the challenge is wood.

I saw this in a Kaisercraft magazine and tore it out, meaning to do a scraplift one day.
It is by Shirley Towan.
Well the time has come.
I chose papers from Kaisercraft Base coat range featuring wood, plus a studio calico wooden camera.
My photo is of an old wooden jetty at sunset.
This was taken a few months ago on the north coast of NSW.
 
For the shabby, I have used antique lace, denim flower with rhinestone button and a denim flower pocket.
I've also added a few flowers plus a kaisercraft flourish.
 
Look at my grandmothers yummy antique lace. I will be sad when that runs out!
 
and here's my scraplifted layout
 
 

9 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful layout and just love the textures and the embroidery is fun too

Lorraine said...

Beautiful layout and photo! Makes me want to scraplift it!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Love the denim/wood/lace combo.
Scrummy photo!

Deb said...

Such a beautiful photo. Love the little denim pocket and flower and that lace is devine. A lovely page, Julene. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Shabby.

Susanne said...

That is a cool photo and the colors you've chosen are fab. You make me want to do something with an old jean pocket and a denim flower I know are buried in my stash.

OriBella said...

Beautiful layout and beautiful foto:)
Thank you for having fun together with Let`s Get Shabby.

mandysea said...

hee hee, love the title to your post, that made me smile! that wooden background is extraordinary... love it. Great scraplift too! thanks for playing along with us at Shabby julene (late answering this...playing catch-up!)

Julie said...

Looks great Julene. Love the flower you made. Thanks for playing with us at shabby.

Ludkasz said...

Beautiful photo. Great layout :) Thank you for playing with us at Let's Get Shabby