Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Let's get shabby and Use your stuff

Asking a librarian what her favourite children's book is has no particular answer.There are many.

One that I adored as a child (and still do!) is Milly Molly Mandy.
I loved the map of the village.
and here is the cover of the edition I have.


Using chipboard, hessian, lots of punched flowers, fussy cut pictures and a photo of my daughter and a friend, I created this.
My understated title is home, sweet home.
 I could have used big red alphas, but didn't want it to override the photo.
 I like this better.
Here are the links to Let's get shabby http://letsgetshabby.blogspot.com.au/
and Use your stuff http://useyourstuff.blogspot.com.au/

I trust it is acceptable to both to enter it in 2 contests.

13 comments:

Granmargaret said...

This is a beautiful layout Julene. I remember Milly Molly Mandy

Laura said...

I adored my MMM book, I must see if it is still hanging around somewhere and have a read!
Great layout :)

Deb said...

You have created such a lovely little scene for your photo, Julene.........looks fabulous. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Shabby.

Anne Jang said...

How wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff!!!!

OriBella said...

Beautiful work, beautifully framed charming picture:) Thank you for having fun together with Let`s Get Shabby

Lisa said...

I also used to love MMM books! what a blast from the past and a sweet page created with the inspiration!

mandysea said...

Oh my!! I remember Milly Molly Mandy too! Fabulous! Love your LO - it's a great interpretation of your book! Love the little fence!

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful vintage style layout :)

Julie said...

Just love the scene you have created.

Margie said...

Wow, you are the queen of challenges! Love this!

S said...

Utterly charming, enough said!

Ludkasz said...

Beautiful LO:)
Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Shabby.

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

So sweet! Love how you replicated the book!