Tuesday 4 June 2019

CSI 278


This is one of the June challenges at CSI.

First I went to Chip it


Mum and Dad used to talk about Australia Hotel near central station where they spent their wedding night. I never bothered to ask about seeing it.Last week I found a photo on Facebook (where else?) in a Vintage Sydney group. I printed it off and decided to use it for this layout.
                                          ****************************
I chose a neutral paper from Kaisercraft Barber Shoppe collection.
Next I found another old paper which featured sewing instructions for Edwardian times. One of the pictures was similar to the lady in the sketch.
I mounted the photo then used white paint lightly to cover the paper.
Next I tore some muslin for another layer then dressmaker paper pattern tissue on top of that.I've lightly inked the fabric with pinecone to age it. I stitched the fabric to the backing paper then added a small scrap of cream lace peeping underneath.
All this made me think of antique buttons so out came my white button jar where I found old wood, mother of pearl and plastic buttons.
I had another paper featuring maps which matched the colours in the sketch so added it down the left hand side.
Next I layered a set of tags I had in various sizes.(11 th pack of embellishments which just matched perfectly).
I used DYMO for my title.

OLDER PAPERS                                                       LAYERS AND TUCK
WET MEDIUM (PAINT)                                           USE GESSO TO COVER UP
LACE                                                                        
FABRIC
AGED PAPER

No comments: