Friday 12 January 2024

Challenge yourself

 At Challenge YOUrself they want 


My word for the year is moment. I need to enjoy the special moments as they occur instead of racing off to see the next thing or planning what comes next.

With that in mind, I scrapped the remaining 3 photos of the tamarins at Mogo Zoo.

I put them in a sequence and if you look at the one on the left you will see he comes and grabs the container, then puts his hand in to get the fruit then is eating the fruit. 3 photos taken seconds apart.

I used a paper from my kit with teapots all over it but, ultimately, they are hidden. I used vellum as my matting and put a strip of ribbon vertically on the vellum.

To add interest on the right -hand side I sloped my 2 journal cards plus the title. I used a doiley sticker then added wood veneer birds and a cage. Enamel dots finish this layout off.


              ******************************************************************

Yesterday I had some green paint left over so I made this layout.


I finished a packet of alphas ,used up the paint and used 4 branches from a pack I recently bought.



8 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Julene! I absolutely love both of your layouts. Cute photos in both and wonderful designs. But (of course) I especially like the one you made for Challenge YOUrself! What a beautiful page design, and your One Little Word is perfect for 2024!!! Those photos capturing that special moment are incredible! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. YAY!!!

!neke said...

Great lay-outs !!!!
Love the pictures !
groeten Ineke

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Cute

Deanne Saunders said...

Wonderful layouts and great word you chose!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHALLENGE YOURSELF challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Nancy L said...

I love how you sloped to add interest because that worked!Thanks for playing along with Challenge YOUrself!

Lisa-Marie | Scrap Paper Scissors said...

These are gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

Tracy P said...

I need to enjoy the moment more often too. Great word to focus on! Love the design and your photos are so good. Thank you for sharing at Challenge YOUrself.

Cook Scrap Craft said...

What a cool experience with the tamarins! That is a moment to remember for sure! Thank you for playing along at Challenge YOUrself!