Friday 4 September 2020

Anthology Bookmark and Let's get sketchy plus lasting memories

Frilly and funky  has a bird challenge.

I started with Kaisercfart Anthology collection with the paper named Ephemera .
It features birds and feathers on the piece I cut, so qualifies me for theme.
As it is a bookmark I didn't want to get too 3D and frilly. I used a chiffon ribbon saying LOVE in gold print and a Webster pages "designer threads" lace blue bird. I rounded the corners to make it easier to handle.


I'm currently using a receipt from a shop as my bookmark, so this will be much nicer.

*******************************************************************************

At Let's get sketchy there is this sketch


While I had the Antholgy papers out plus my Vintage kit, I decided to scrap 3 pictures of the Pantheon in Rome.

I chose a neutral background and inked through a mask with "old paper" distress ink.That colour works so well for vintage and aged layouts.
Turning over the same Anthology paper I had a black with neutral spots. It reflects the circle from the hole in the roof photo.
I used a ginger and pale green papers as my mats, with Kraft and another neutral as my strips.The triangles are a yellow behive pattern plus a ginger and white stripe to co-ordinate.
It needed a 3rd circle so I used a large brad with a faint checked pattern to match the background.




4 comments:

Deanna said...

Great take on the sketch and love your stencil work! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

Maud's Creations said...

Love the rustic colours Julene great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in this month at Lasting Memories - DT Maureen

Suzanne C said...

Lovely bookmark. The beautiful layers come together into a sweet bookmark! Thanks for playing along with The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge!

Jenny Marples said...

Such a beautiful bookmark. I can see why you'd need to keep it flat and yet you've still managed to fill every inch with so much detail and beauty. Thank you for joining in with our challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog x