Sunday 12 November 2017

Challenge #1 CKC & stuck sketches.


Just the opposite

November often gets a bad rap and many here in Europe consider November to be the greyest, dampest, dullest months of the year. Some years ago, I decided that I was going to find the positive in this special (for me) month and actively looked for the bright moments that would make me happy. And I have to tell you that there are a lot of them - there are many more blue-sky days than I ever realised and the festive lights and decorations that can often be found in November in the run up to Christmas can always brighten up even those dull, grey days. And of course, it's the end of autumn and beginning of winter, both of which make me very happy! 



Be inspired to find the positive and create a project about it.

Here in Australia November means the full blooming of spring. You can't help but be positive.
************************************************************************************************************
I recently went for a trip to Las Vegas.
We stayed at New York, New York which I didn't like much.
Our room's window was right in front of the roller coaster, so we heard screams most of the time, especially late at night.
Image may contain: sky, bridge and outdoor

This could have been a negative but we decided to make it a positive, and pretended to scream with our hands in the air every time one went by.
We also decided to go see what all the fuss was about.
On approaching the ride I chickened out.
It was just TOO HIGH.(I have ridden roller coasters before).

I've chosen a bright SEI paper from my counterfeit kit as it typifies Las Vegas...crazy!
I also added a title embellishment I bought there.
The strips underneath feature my journaling and I added a tag I made using washi tape and twine.
The square frame at the top is from Studio calico. I've used the extra bling stars on it.

Here's my layout.


I'm entering it on Stuck sketches where this is the sketch.


8 comments:

Kelly Sroka said...

Great layout! It definitely captures the Las Vegas vibe.

li-bee-ti said...

WTG for the positive attitude! and what a fantastic layout you've made to capture this memory. So colorful and yes... crazy :).
Thank you so much for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

kaybeetoo said...

This is such a fun and colorful layout! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

seemownay said...

I don't know if I could have tolerated the noise and turn it into something fun! Love your take on the sketch it captures Las Vegas perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Ronda said...

wow! not sure I would of tolerated all the noise but good on your for making not only the best of it but making it fun! P.S. thanks for joining in our fun at Stuck?! Sketches!

Anne said...

Great take on the Sketch. Love the frame behind the photo. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

Fiona said...

Bright and fun layout, that rollercoaster looks amazing! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!Sketches!

Laura Creates said...

How fun, what a fabulous colourful page! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!