Sunday, 8 March 2015

Let's get Arty and Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1.

 

Using Chip it I have been given this colour palette.

Over at Let's get Arty we are asked to use at least 4 of these colours on our work.
Aged wine(backing paper)
Extra white(leaves, button & flair)
Red bay(flowers)
First star(metallic elements)
Tricorn back (ribbon flower and title).

My border also qualifies this for Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 To create an interesting border.
I tipped out my "bitza-shitza" jar and used random metal bits on my mesh to create a metallic border.

Here's a close up of that border.

11 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Wow that is a cool border! Well done on the challenges and one interesting layout

Deb said...

That's a fabulous colour palette you've worked with. Your page looks wonderful. I love the border you have created with "bits".......very creative. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Arty.

Chidkid said...

What a great idea to create a border out of all those bits and pieces.. I may steal that one! Lovely LO

Virginia said...

Fabulous layout love the colour of the layout and the border is beautiful!

sassyscrapper said...

Your silver border is a great nod to the metal featured. Nice work!

OriBella said...

Very interesting work.I really like these metal additives:) Thank you for joining in with us at Let's Get Arty.

Jimjams said...

Weirdly wonderful page!

JansArtyJunk said...


wow this is sooooo cool !!....you did a wonderful job with your colour palette! Love the metal elements...Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Arty :)

In His Grace, Janine Rachau said...

Oh, I love the concept to this challenge! What a great idea to get motivated for my paintables papers!

You captured the colors wonderfully and your creative border is terrific and so fitting for the photograph!

mandy- sea said...

Oooh! This is so creative Julene!! I love the actual photo... and your little paper piecing dog is amazing!! Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Arty!

Ludkasz said...


Very interesting work:)Thank you for joining in with us at Let's Get Arty.