Thursday 2 March 2023

Challenge YOUrself.

 I'm late getting to Challenge Yourself this time. With the hot humid weather we have had, I haven't been scrapping or creating much.

The theme there this time is meditation. I couldn't think of anything directly but had this photo of me standing outside a library while on holidays. Reading is like meditation to me. It is why I ultimately became a librarian. 


I traced the large circle to cut out then decided to put a wavy edge on it. I stitched using blue embroidery thread to create a radiating effect. 

Otherwise, there are strips of paper including one of city buildings nut to me it looks like book spines along a shelf. (I'm brainwashed!) Also, one featuring alphabets, which obviously relates to reading. 

4 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Julene! Your page is absolutely amazing!! I love that your theme for meditation is reading! And you created a beautiful and meaningful page with it. Thank you so much for joining us this month for the meditation theme! Hugs!!!

Tracy P said...

Love your design. So creative with the circle and stitching. Great photo. Thank you for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself.

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Love the wavy-edged circle and your interpretation of the theme. Reading is definitely a meditation for me, too. I love it! Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month!

Sherri Caramico said...

Very cool layout!! Love the circle - and yes, reading is a great way to relax! Thanks for joining us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!