Thursday 29 July 2021

Mixed media academy canvas

 I've made a canvas for mixed media academy.

The theme is travel and I have used a photo I took in Venice ,Italy.

My mixed media compulsory element is stamp. I've used a "moments" word stamp in a few areas on the canvas. That was my starting point.


I then used Kaisercraft rub ons using words like love,promise,moment,happiness.

The background was painted with white gesso and I also used white gesso through a clock mask giving a raised texture. 

Next I misted with tattered angels turquoise mist. The memory maze chipboard cogs were also misted and placed randomly on the canvas. White gauze was placed randomly both vertically and horizontally on the canvas too.

On the right hand side I glued Prima metallic pieces. I added blue foil them my photo and a flair from Shopevalicious. The canvas sticker and inked bird were then added.

I would dearly love to visit Venice again. Here's my canvas.




10 comments:

ztina said...

This is beautiful. Thank you for joining us this month on mixedmediaacademy 😍

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Love this! Off to look at more of your blog, Chrisx

Маги said...

Beautiful! Thank you for playing with us in Mixed Media Academy!
Hugs,
DT Maggie /Margarita Marinova/

Unknown said...

Amazing creation. Thank you for playing with us . MMA Design team

Sneha Apte TheColorStory said...

That's amazing..thanks for joining us at MMA

Montse said...

Beautiful project! thanks for playing with us

Priya Satish said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining us at the MMA challenge.

Aude Demanneville said...

Jolie réalisation, merci pour cette participation au challenge de juillet MMA ! merci

Agnieszka Mirkowska said...

Lovely holiday mood ❤️ Thank you for joining MMA challenge this month ❤️

Jaishree said...

So beautifully crafted!
Thank you for participating in our monthly challenge. All the best
- Jaishree Bansal, DT MMA