Tuesday 3 January 2017

Stuck?! sketches



This is the sketch at Stuck? for January 1st.
I decided to start with mixed media so misted and dribbled a turquoise-green on the paper.
Next I used gesso through a small flower mask.
I inked the edges of my paper doiley and made a large tag using a kaisercraft stamp and more misting.
My title was cut from a tag I had.

I used pattern papers and ribbon for my strips.
When it came time for the photo I turned the whole thing 90 degrees.
(The dribbles go across but that's ok).
.
It is hard to see, but there is a clear plastic flower top left of the photo.


The people heads were a strip from Kaiser wedding paper which I fussy cut and glued separately.
Here's the final layout.
 
I'm also entering this on Challenge Yourself as the theme is Happy Holidays.
This get together every year marks Christmas for this group of friends.
We exchange gifts and drink to the year that we have had.

13 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Juelen, your layout is so creative and cool! I love your holiday photo and especially like the fact that you joined in on the fun at Challenge YOUrself for the holiday challenge! Thank you so much - I am so happy that you did!

Laura Creates said...

So pretty, love your mixed media background! Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Patries said...

Super party, and super layout. Love al the spraying!!!

Tina Campbell said...

Such a pretty layout and such a cool mix media layout too :) Love the border that you fussy cut perfect for the layout :)

cinmfoster said...

Pretty layout, love the mix media - something I want to incorporate into my layouts this year. Nicely done.
Cindy F.

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Awesome background, love the misting color! Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUreself

Monique Liedtke said...

Love that background!! So clever!! Thanks for joining in one of Stuck?! Sketches challenges!

ÅsaJ said...

Such a cute page! Thanks for joining both Stuck?! Sketches and Challenge YOUrself! Hugs Åsa

Helen Wallace said...

A soft and pretty page Julene. Lovely work. Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, Julene! Love the colors! So happy you played with us at Stuck?! Sketches

Margie said...

Love the misting you did here! Very pretty!

Raechelle Bellus said...

This is pretty! The background work is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Tara O said...

Love your mixed media background. Great LO