Friday 9 October 2015

Scraplift from "Scrapping with Christine." and Challenge #1.



I'm always on the lookout for a good page design.
I found this one on Christine Meyer's blog and it motivated me. http://scrappingwithchristine.blogspot.com.au/
I hope she isn't upset with me for copying it.
                                                   ****************
I started with a chevron paper from my Counterfeit kit.
(Simple stories-Take a hike Chevron/Bingo cards).
Because I wanted those bingo cards on the reverse, I carefully cut a hole behind the cardstock.
Next, I've flicked some leftover Tattered Angels mist .
I've sewn a similar pattern with variegated green cotton.(and used all my green embroidery cotton)
From there I used a bingo card plus my foot in the crocodile's mouth photo, more yellow paper and some hessian scraps as my layering for my photo.
Final touches of enamel dots, buttons and a few well placed stickers and here is my "Explore Forever" layout.
 
with a close up of that stitching
 
I chose not to put anything in the middle of those squares as I like it the way it is.


3 comments:

Margie said...

Love this design-great scraplift, too!

Lisa said...

It was a great layout to scrap lift and great job to stitch those diamonds - really gives the layout something special.

sassyscrapper said...

Hey...that design reminds me of argyle socks. So classic! It adds great interest to your layout.