Thursday, 12 February 2015

Challenge #2 Use a date stamp

I must be an unusual scrapper.
I don't own a date stamp!

Even in my former life as a teacher librarian I never used a date stamp.
They were out of fashion and book due slips were printed by the computer.

When given this challenge I started to hunt.
None of my scrapping friends had date stamps I could borrow.
Luckily, the local library is walking distance away......I bought a culled library book for 20 cents with a date due slip full of dates inside.

On this layout I wanted to use slide mounts to echo the square windows of the skyscraper.
I covered them with the date due slip paper! Voila!!!!

The arrow paper, the mesh, the slide windows and the layering of papers are all designed to emphasise height.

5 comments:

Lesley G said...

Cleverly done Julene!!!

In His Grace, Janine Rachau said...

Clever! Fun use of the stamped card. Love this neutral page with all its texture!

Susan said...

Very clever!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Super-clever! I love anything that says "library book" :-)

Lisa said...

well done on finding a way to include that date stamp! so creative and I love those old library due date cards. Great layout and super use of those reinforcing ideas for the skyscraper!