Saturday 20 December 2014

Scrapping Outback


This is the colour inspiration at Scrapping Outback. We are to use all the colours plus white.

The photo is of the acropolis in Athens Greece.
On my first trip there we saw snow. It was January 1977.I've copied this from an old slide.

I started with an October Afternoon paper named Farmhouse Faded Wallpaper.
Next I misted using red through a sunray mask.
I began overlapping paper strips featuring the colours in the cocktail behind my photo mat.
I even used part of a circle paper (containing white) underneath.
My chipboard was inked first in yellow then black distress ink has been applied to "age" it.
The 4 vases plus "Ancient" are from Memory Maze chipboard.
The red brads added an extra finished look to my layout, same as the cherry does on the drink.

5 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely layout

The Scrapping Outback team. said...

Great layout Julene - love the use of printed paper on your creation. Thank you for taking the time to enter the challenge again this month :)

Unknown said...

Loving your page Julene and the use of colours is fantastic. Hope you will join us again next month. :)

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

beautiful again Julene - I love the way you've coloured your chipboard. thanks for contributing in 2014...looking forward to seeing more of your creations in 2015. :)

Tina Connolly said...

Happy New Year! Fab layout, thank you for joining the challenge!