Friday, 30 November 2012

Artasic with sewing and fabric

Artastic this month features a fabric artist so the challenge was to use sewing and fabrics.
I found this lace flower in my stash so have appliqued it to the cardstock and used zigzags as my stems.I've also used 2 scrapmatts flowers in the middle of which I've dabbed black ink with a cotton bud.The idea was to make them co-ordinate with the larger flower.
I've used a variety of black letters in my title purely because I didn't have a complete set of any.
The patterned paper has been border  punched with a lace pattern too.

3 comments:

Jane said...

This is really effective Julene - the flowers look terrific. Thank you so much for playing along with us :)

Sarah Rogers said...

Lovely page Julene, really like the black flowers you have created and their stitched stems. Glad you were able to join in on this months ARTastic challenge.

Elaine said...

Using different fonts is a great way of using alphabets up and looks effective. Your flowers are very cute. A page well done. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.