Monday 12 December 2011

Artastic and FS2S



The criteria for Artastic this month was a snowman,a cHristmas tree and the word cHristmas. I made my snowman from 2 lace doileys cutting out the centre of the second one for the head.His nose is one V of ricrac.The remainder of the embellishments are from kaisercraft.This was Christmas 2005 when we went to a restaurant for Christmas lunch.

The criteria for From Screen to scrap was white cardstock,a 2 colour title and Christmas hats.
My photo was taken on the same day as the first layout featuring my nephew Nathan with his new baby daughter, Annabelle.Both he and Jonathan are wearing Christmas hats.The journalling is inside the fancy envelope at the bottom.



13 comments:

spikeyjen said...

that's a clever little snowman and he/ she looks great on your backing paper choice. Like you, I'm still scrapping photos from a few years ago.
cheers
Jen

Alanna said...

Those pages both look great! I love that gorgeous little envelope on the FS2S page, and that snowman is so darn cute! I have a *slight* thing for snowmen!! Thanks for joining in this month!

Dale Tiernan said...

Yes, clever use of doilies. Very effective.
I also love the envelope.

DebiJ said...

A doily snowman, now that is clever Julene...& he is such a sweetie too!
Great LO & it is fab to scrap our older photos, I have heaps to do as well.
I love the page inspired FS2S - great envelope. They work out so well as a double page too.
Thanks for playing along with us at both ARTastic & FS2S.

Helene Bogren said...

What a great idea to use doilies to create a snowman! Love it!!!

Jane said...

Such a cute snowman and inspired use of envelope. Great work here Julene.

marysunshine said...

Those pages are just wonderful, you snowman is a very clever idea.

KarenB said...

Hi Julene, I love your pages and I'm so in love with your doily snowman!

Mrs Rogers said...

Julene, so glad to see your pages for the Artastic and FS2S challenges, they are both great takes on the challenges. Love your doily snowman very clever idea. Have a wonderful christmas and all the best for the new year.

Karen Williams said...

these are both super cute- love the papers you used the cute snow man- thanks for joining us at FS2S

Shazza said...

I love your snowman made from doillies, he looks so smart in his top hat! Well done Julene!! Love your entry :)
cheers
shazza

Natalie Elphinstone said...

Oh wow - I've never seen a snowman made out of doilies before..... that's a stroke of genius!! And so very cute too!

Jenna Ruth said...

Great layouts! Love the envelope- and how cute is that doily snowman?!!